PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
You can help your health professional diagnose and treat your condition by being ready to answer the following questions:
- Is constipation an ongoing (chronic) problem for you, or is this a new or different episode?
- When did this episode of constipation begin?
- When was your last normal bowel movement?
- Have you recently changed your diet or fluid intake, decreased your activity level, or started a new medication?
- Have you recently changed your daily routine, such as a change in your job, school, or travel?
- What have you tried to correct your constipation? Did it work?
- Do you have any rectal bleeding?
- Do you have rectal pain before, during, or after a bowel movement? If so, how long does the pain usually last?
- Do you have a health risks?