Like the Aerochamber, the Ventahaler is a holding chamber that makes it easier to use your inhaler. It works by no longer making it necessary to both spray the medication and inhale at the same time.
- Remove the cap and shake the inhaler to mix the contents.
- Insert the inhaler mouthpiece into the Vent-a-haler® opening.
- Breathe out.
- Put the Vent-a-haler® mouthpiece into your mouth and close your lips around the mouthpiece.
- Tilt your head back slightly.
- Depress the canister.
- Breathe in slowly and deeply.
- Remove the Vent-a-haler® from your mouth and hold your breath for about 10 seconds or as long as you can.
- If you can't hold your breath, breathe in and out slowly 3-4 times after depressing the canister.
- If more than one puff is prescribed, wait one minute and then repeat the procedure.