Instructions for using these common but somewhat difficult to use medications. Be sure to folllow directions exactly to be sure to use medication most effectively.
HOW TO USE EAR DROPS
Warm the ear-drop bottle by holding it in your hands for a few minutes. Shake the bottle well.
- Unscrew the cap of the bottle and draw some liquid into the dropper.
- Either lie on your side or tilt your head over so that the ear which needs the drops is facing upwards.
- Gently pull your earlobe upwards, away from your neck, and squeeze the correct number of drops into the ear.
- Keep your head tilted for about five minutes so that the drops can spread into the ear.
- Straighten your head and wipe away any extra liquid with a clean tissue.
- Replace the cap on the bottle.
- Store your ear-drops in a cool, dark place.
- You must use your ear-drops for the full length of the treatment course, even if your ear feels better. If you stop too soon, your ear problems may return.
- While using your ear-drops, TRY NOT TO GET WATER in your ear. Be careful when washing your hair and do not go swimming until the course is finished.
- When you have finished your course of treatment, throw any leftover drops away, or return them to your pharmacist for disposal.
EAR DROPS DO NOT KEEP
- If you have any questions about your ear-drops or any other medicines, your pharmacist can help
- ASK YOUR PHARMACIST. YOU'LL BE TAKING GOOD ADVICE
- KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN