Prescriptions, Refills and Transfers
LalliCare Pharmacies are locally owned and operated. Our clients tell us that we’re different because we don’t have any “white coat” thinking in our pharmacy. We don’t use slick gimmicks to win you over – just friendly, knowledgeable service whenever you need us.
When you walk in, you’ll find our Pharmacists at the front counter to greet you and invite you to sit down for a conversation.
We’re interested in how you are doing as a person and not just as a prescription script to be filled. Getting to know you, the bigger story – your health and nutrition – helps us understand better where your doctor’s prescription fits into your overall health care.
If you’re in a hurry, we can have you out the door in minutes or we’re happy to answer your questions about disease prevention, health care or issues in our local community.
Prescription Filling Process
This is the information we cover as part of the prescription filling process:
When you come in to have a prescription filled, your pharmacist will confirm the following:
- The information provided by your doctor, dentist, or other health-care provider is complete;
- The medication, strength, and dosage instructions are appropriate for your health condition;
- The new prescription is okay to take with other medications you may be taking;
- There are no potential problems such as duplicate therapy or drug interactions;
- You are not allergic to the medication; and,
- Your medications are working for you and you are not experiencing any problems.
While the prescription is being filled, your LalliCare pharmacist will go over this information with you:
- Who the medication is for;
- What the medication is for;
- The directions for proper use;
- Common side effects or interactions, what to expect and how to treat, if needed;
- How soon to expect the medication to work;
- What to do if you miss a dose;
- How to store your medication; and
- Review your prescription refill information.
Our pharmacists are pleased to answer any and all questions you have at the time you fill the prescription or anytime after. We’re here to help.
Once we have you in our computer system, a prescription refill can be as simple as a telephone call in the morning and by evening our friendly delivery man is tapping on your door. We offer free delivery throughout the Greater Victoria area and are happy to include your vitamins, medical supplies and other health care items to save you a trip to the store.
If you would like to transfer your prescriptions to us, call our 1139 Yates Street location at (250) 386-5100 or our 890 Esquimalt Road location at (250) 477-3784. We’ll take care of the rest and we offer free prescription delivery to make the switchover even more convenient.
(Lists on this page from the College of Pharmacists of BC)